Press Release Mir Detstva 2018
24th International Exhibition for the Children's Industry
Mir Detstva is the main trade show in the industry of goods and services for children and teenagers in Russia and Eastern Europe. For over 20 years the show has promoted safe and affordable products of high quality for Russian children.
Official opening ceremony: 11.00 a.m., 25 September 2018, Gallery between Pavilions No.2 and No.8
Dates: 25–28 September 2018
Opening hours: 25-27 September: 10.00-18.00; 28 September: 10.00-16.00
Venue: Pavilions No.2, 8 and Forum, Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia
Organized by Expocentre AO
Supported by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade
Under auspices of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
General industry partner: RDT-INFO.RU
General media partner: Beremennost&Rody.ru Magazine (Pregnancy&Labour)
Labels: UFI, RUEF, Russia’s best exhibition in the Goods for Children category in 2016-2017
Countries: 27 (Australia, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, Serbia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the UK, Ukraine, the USA, Uzbekistan)
Goods for newborns and infants (occupies the whole Pavilion No.7). Games, toys, hobby supplies. Everything for Christmas and New Year celebrations. Creativity and design, stationery. Licensed goods for children. Supplementary education for children. Children's furniture, furniture and equipment for preschools. Sports equipment and facilities, multifunctional equipment for playgrounds.
Foreign: Adamex, BabyBjorn, Balu, Cam Il Mondo Del Bambino, Cybex, Concord, Graco, Hansa Creation, Happy Baby, Recaro, Schleich, Peg-Perego, Pigeon, etc.
Russian: Azbookvarik, Bauer, Bytplast, Vesna, Zvezda, Fabrika Detstva, Krasnaya Zvezda, Nordplast, Rosman, Russkiy Still, Ryzhiy Kot, Stellar, Hatber-M, etc.
"One of the key priorities of the Russian government policy is to ensure welfare and protection of children. The industrial policy in the children's goods sector is aimed to fulfil this task. Local manufacturers successfully develop and introduce innovations into production of children's goods that should ensure health, education and successful development of every child living in this country."Denis Manturov, Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
"Mir Detstva helps to promote children's goods which comply with the most stringent quality and safety requirements and standards in the Russian and foreign markets, spread innovative technologies in the education and training fields, and increase competition among manufacturers of goods for children."Sergey Katyrin, President of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
1. The Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade once again arranges its own group stand which will occupy 120 sq m. It will have two sections: a retrospective exhibition of the children's industry and children's products made by R&D companies supported by the ministry. The reason for this division is the 100-year anniversary of the world’s first state museum of toys in Moscow. 15 Russian companies will show the history of toys and their current products.
2. The most fascinating event of the show is the 19th edition of the Moscow International Festival of Balloons organized by Europa Uno Trade ZAO. It is supported by Expocentre AO and the world's leading manufacturers of balloons, accessories and equipment. The festival will be held on 25-28 September in Pavilion No.2, Hall 5, and feature competitions, workshops, lectures, master classes and showcases.
3. Media centre will be located in Pavilion No.2 for journalists of sectoral and professional media. A press tour will visit the most interesting areas of the exhibition, show new products and meet heads of various companies.
Key Supporting Events
1. The Congress of the Children’s Goods Industry 2018 will run on 25-26 September. The event is organized by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade with assistance of Expocentre AO.
2. The award ceremony for the top rating "Made for Childhood" will be held by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade to support Russian manufacturers.
3. The Business Assistance expert and consultation centre: customs processing and clearance, HR, business support and vacancy opportunities.
4. One of the main events of the CJF program is the 15th Russian Trade Forum for Children's Goods Suppliers with the Purchasing Centre for Retail Chains™ of children's clothes, footwear and accessories. The events are organized by Imperia and Expocentre AO. The purchasing centre brings together more than 80 buyers of more than 40 retailers and online shops including Dochki Sinochki, Boobl Goom, Familia, Regional Retail Cooperation, Ozon, Mamsy, Rospechat, etc. The Centre for Retail Chains offers workshops for retailers.
5. 2nd Russian Business Forum on the Market of Licensed Goods for Children will include Licensing Marketplace. CEOs of brand4rent, CTC Media, Pullman Licensing, Megalicense, Playcom will present their companies at the Analytical Session on the Russian Market of Licensed Goods for Children 2019: Trends, Points of Growth, Sales Rankin of Licensed Products.
6. 12th Russian Forum of Model Makers.
7. 2nd Forum on Russia-China: New Opportunities for Sustainable Business Development.
8. Conference on Secrets of Increasing Online Sales of Children's Goods.
9. Master Class of Ekaterina Bogacheva "Children's Store: Managing a Buying Desire".
10. Multi-training "Mom in Business".
11. Session on the Russian Animation Industry: Trends, Projects, Successful Licensing Deals. How Can a Manufacturer of Children's Goods Find the Right Brand and Make Money Off It.
12. The Expocentre for Counterfeit-Free Exhibitions Project: minimizing counterfeit products showcased at exhibitions through providing consultations and clarifications regarding intellectual property, and rendering assistance in solving conflicts connected with violations of exclusive rights. The project is organized by Expocentre AO. You can find us in Pavilion No.8, Hall 1, Stand No.81A90.
13. Expo-Academy events include:
Workshop on consumer behavior trends: what and how are people ready to buy?
Workshop on sustainable business development in order to minimize risks
Workshop on anti-crisis branding in the children's goods category
Workshop on the consumer mindset: how to manage customer behavior and how to persuade people to spend money in your store?
Session on moving from micro to medium business by bringing ideas together (company merger)
Workshop on how to launch an effective store of goods for children without much expenses: planning, zoning, design and visual merchandising rules.
14. The Business Start project will be held by the Woman Business Centre state agency, Small Business of Moscow state agency, and Opora Russia with support of the Moscow City Department of Labour and Social Protection, and Expocentre AO.
15. 27 September is the Day of Preschool Educators in Russia. The Day of Supplementary Education will offer various sessions and workshops from leaders of supplementary education and state-run centres: the Federal Institute of Education Development, the Agency for Strategic Initiatives, the Yasam Network of Early Childhood Development Centres.
16. The National Association of Russian Toy Makers, the Association of Children’s Goods Industry Enterprises with support of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, and Expocentre AO organize several important events:
Meeting of the Expert Council of the Golden Bear Award
Plenary Session of the International Conference on the Culture of Play of Today's Children
Workshop on How to Determine Playing Value of Toys
Visiting Meeting of the Russian Federal Service for Accreditation (RusAccreditation), the Russian Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (Rospotrebnadzor), the Russian Federal Agency on Technical Regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart), the Federal Customs Service of Russia, and the Eurasian Economic Commission
Award ceremony of the Innovations for Childhood competition
17. The first qualifying round of the 9th Golden Bear National Award for goods and services for children.
18. Competitions: the Best Online Store of Children's Goods and the Best Website for Buyer; the International Competition of Goods for Children and Teenagers (organized by Soyuzexpertiza of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry).
To learn more about the event schedule, go to www.mirdetstva-expo.ru/en/program/
We would like to thank our partners who take active part in both the exhibition and its associated events: the Association of Children’s Goods Industry Enterprises, the National Association of Russian Toy Makers, the Agency for Strategic Initiatives, the Russian Animation Film Association, the Woman Business Centre state agency, the Association of Project Managers "Project Alliance", the High School of Branding, Arno Business Consulting, the Yellow Banana creative agency, and many others.
Press Service, Expocentre AO