Post Show Report Mir Detstva 2017
23rd International Exhibition for Goods and Services for Children and Teenagers, New Educational and Personality Development Programs
Mir Detstva 2017 is a sought-after and effective platform to present new products, programs of government support and network with professionals from the children’s industry.
Dates: 26–29 September 2017
Venue: Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia
Organized by Expocentre AO
Supported by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade
Auspices of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
General sponsor: the Walt Disney Company CIS LLC
Exhibition partner: Gamma TD AO
In cooperation with the Russian Animation Film Association, Road Safety Russia, Union of Designers and Architects
Labels: UFI, RUEF
Exhibition area: 17,658 sq m
Visitors: over 20,000
Goods for newborns and infants. Games, toys, hobby supplies. Everything for Christmas and New Year celebrations. Creativity and design, stationery. Licensed goods for children. Supplementary education for children. Children’s furniture, furniture and equipment for preschools. Sports equipment and facilities, multifunctional equipment for playgrounds.
Foreign: Adamex, Baby Bjorn, Balu, Cam Il Mondo Del Bambino, Cybex, Esspero, Concord, Dr. Brown’s, Graco, Hasbro, Happy Baby, Inglesina, Maxi-Cosi, Playmobile, Recaro, Schleich, Peg-Perego, etc.
Russian: 395 companies including Azbookvarik, Bauer, Bytplast, Factory of Play and Sports Equipment, Zvezda, Fabrika Detstva, Krasnaya Zvezda, Luch, Masha and the Bear, Nasha Mama, Nevskaya Palitra, Nordplast, Prof-press, Rosman, Russkiy Still, Ryzhiy Kot, Stellar, etc.
1. The Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade arranged a group stand featuring high tech construction sets and toys, functional furniture, state-of-the-art educational equipment, musical instruments, car seats, robotics technologies, and unmanned aerial vehicles. The exhibitors were Anro Technology, Intelligent Information Systems Research and Production Enterprise, Scientific Endeavors, Geoscan, Avtoritet Plast Plus, START Children Car Seats Factory, Optima-Partner, Velomotors Group, HIZ, Novaya Khimia, Smoltoys, Vesna, Magic Book, Blossom, Vaytoy, Soratniki Foundation, Woodland Toys, Yaigrushka, Artifact, Mir Mio National Association of Music Industry Developers of Musical Instruments and Equipment.
2. The 18th edition of the Moscow International Festival of Balloons organized by Europa Uno Trade ZAO and supported by Expocentre AO. The participants were 31 creative professional teams. The Festival Grand-Prix was given to Friend Group Company.
3. Business Assistance enabled the Mir Detstva participants and visitors to get advice on brand audit, HR, consulting services, customs regulations and clearance. Organized by Expocentre AO
4. Press Tour for journalists from industry and business media.
5. Expocentre for Counterfeit-Free Exhibitions Project minimizing counterfeit products showcased at exhibitions through providing consultations and clarifications regarding intellectual property.
6. Expo-Academy Project organized by Expocentre AO, Trendsquire Trend Bureau, VM GURU, Arno Business School, and High School of Branding. The events include
Analytical Review of Trends and Consumer Preferences in the Industry of Children’s Goods, Clothing, Stationery and Creative Sets,
Seminar on How to Create an Efficiently-Run Shop of Children’s Clothing and Goods. Commercial Rules of Space Management and Zoning. Global Trends in Designing Fashion Stores,
Strategic Session on Dead on Target: Secret of Retail 2018. Developing the Best Product Range and Setting the Right Price,
Session on Children’s Brand as a Mirror of Customer Values.
Key supporting events
1. Congress of the Children’s Goods Industry 2017 organized by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade and Expocentre AO. It featured meetings, panels, sessions, round tables, and lectures.
“The congress events offer the participants an opportunity to discuss issues related to the industry’s growth, development and manufacture of next generation products, using of media and communication channels, as well as bringing Russian-made products to the global market.” Denis Manturov, Minister of Industry and Trade of Russia
3. The 13th Russian Trade Forum for Children’s Goods Suppliers organized by Imperia KVK, supported by the Retail Companies Association, Russian National Association of Chain Retailers, and Moscow International Business Association. General partner is Expocentre AO. Over 300 people took part in the forum, 150 of them are suppliers of goods for children and teenagers.
4. Purchasing Centre for Retail Chains™ of Children’s Goods. Over 50 retail chains took part in the event, among them O’Key, Sela, Votonia, Dochki Sinochki, IDEAS4RETAIL (Imaginarium, Hamleys), Dixy, REIKE, Ozon.ru, Magnit, Mamsy, Familia, Olant, Yarkiy, etc. They held over 2,600 negotiations on supplies of children’s goods.
6. Round Table on Quality of Child Restraints as a Safety Assurance organized by Road Safety Russia and Expocentre AO. The participants in the event were representatives of Head Department of General Administration for Traffic Safety of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, Russian Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (Rospotrebnadzor), RusAccreditation, Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology, Federal Customs Service of Russia, Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, child safety experts, manufacturers of child restraints, and others.
7. Forum on Russia-China: New Opportunities for Sustainable Business Development organized by Between2Countries and Expocentre AO.
8. Session on Businesswoman: Maternity Leave as Time for Startup organized by Expocentre AO with support of the Expert Education Centre for Assistance for Prospective and Fulfilled Parents “Parents’ Choice”.
9. Day of Supplementary Education. The events of the Day were organized by Expocentre AO and co-organized by the Federal Institute of Education Development, the Agency for Strategic Initiatives for Promotion of New Projects, the Institute of Problems of Inclusive Education of Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, the Smart Course Project, the Yasam Network of Early Childhood Development Centres, and the School of Professional Franchising. The program included
session on Educational Robotics. Programming for Kids,
seminar on Inclusive Education in Kindergartens,
seminar on Educational Startups. Mistakes to Avoid When Launching Your Own Project,
17th session on Franchising of Educational Programs as a Guarantee of Quality (High Standard) of an Educational Institution.
10. Conference on Secrets of Increasing Online Sales of Children’s Goods organized by Yellow Banana
11. Session on Design of Children’s Rooms organized by the Union of Designers and Architects and supported by Expocentre AO
12. The 11th Russian Forum of Model Makers organized by ICM and supported by Expocentre AO
The winner in the competition for the Best Online Store for a Customer was Rukuku.ru and the Best Website for a Buyer - Drofa-media.ru.
International Competition of Goods for Children and Teenagers held by ANO Souzexpertiza organized by ANO Souzexpertiza of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Expocentre AO. The winners in the Competitions for the Best Consumer Properties and the Successful Promotion of High Quality Goods were Tchaikovskaya Tekstilnaya Kompaniya, Manuoki Global Japan, Smena, Aist, Sima-Land, Bytplast, ORGANIC Trade, Nasha Igrushka Trading Company, Nuovita, Fabrika Uspeha, etc.
“The support of children is one of the government’s priorities. Russian president Vladimir Putin has declared 2018-2027 the Decade of Childhood. In the near future this industry has to become “advanced, innovative, aimed at future generations, and manufacturing affordable goods which are popular on both domestic and foreign markets…Russian industries are successful in developing and introducing innovations for child-related services and production of goods for children.”
Denis Manturov, Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
“We’re always glad to attend this trade show of children’s goods because it brings together not only manufacturers but also wholesalers and consumers of the products. The interest in Mir Detstva is growing every year. The number of manufacturers who showcase their products here is also growing. It testifies to the fact that companies are greatly interested in this platform…”
Gulnaz Kadyrova, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
“Mir Detstva is a trade show of manufacturers, a trade show of business. And to do business in such a beautiful field is a double pleasure.”
Elena Dybova, Vice President of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
“Mir Detstva and the exhibition team is an integral part of the children’s goods industry. It is our favorite trade show. It grows with us, faces problems along with the industry and clearly represents the relevant agenda every year…”
Antonina Tsistulina, Head of Association of Children’s Goods Industry
“Development of the industry of goods for children gives us confidence in the future of our children.”
Olga Golodets, Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
“Participation in Mir Detstva is an important stage for a company. Our company is a long-term participant and we always try to be at the centre and stand out somehow. We want to surprise visitors and at the same time create comfortable conditions for cooperation. Our stand is mainly attended by the market players. It’s essential for us. We thank the Mir Detstva team since we understand that to bring together such an audience means professionalism and considerable costs.
We’ll be in the same place next year at the same time. We can promise that. Mir Detstva is a must-attend event because it’s a key event of the year.”
Director of Operations at Gulliver & Co. Trading House
“We’ve participated in Mir Detstva since our company was founded. We meet our clients here. The trade show provides opportunities to discuss future plans, the current state, and showcase new products.
It’s always very comfortable to work at Mir Detstva. It’s one of the most convenient platforms in Russia. Here is a large number of high quality exhibitors and worthy visitors. Participation in this trade show brings high ROI. We’ll certainly exhibit next year because we will need to show a new collection to our clients.”
Sergey Molotkov, Commercial Director of Orange Company OOO
To see more feedback of participants and visitors, please go here>>.
Mir Detstva 2018 will run on 25-28 September 2018 at Expocentre Fairgrounds.
Mir Detstva in social networks (Russian only)
Expocentre Press Service