26 / 10 / 2017
19th edition of the CJF International Exhibition for Child and Junior Fashion, Maternity Wear
CJF targets buyers, manufactures, suppliers and designers of clothes, footwear and accessories for children and pregnant women.
In comparison to 2016, the show’s space increased by 25% and the number of exhibitors by 15%.
Dates: 26-29 September 2017
Venue: Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia
Organized by Expocentre AO
Supported by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade
Auspices of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Exhibition area: 7,970 sq m
Exhibitors: 417 companies (including 339 Russian companies)
Types of products on display:
Product Sectors: clothes for children, footwear for children accessories for children, clothes for pregnant women, fashion and design
Participating companies: Amadeo, Bearichi, Best Kids Club, Bimbavera Showroom, Button Blue, Choupette, Crockid, Dan & Dani, De Salitto, Duwali, Huppa, Gusti International, Jacote, Joha, Junior Republic, Kidswear Gallery, Lansa Group, Mayoral, MiniYa Showroom, Noble People, Oldos, Reima, Sarabanda, Stilnyashka, Sweet Berry, Ticket to Heaven, Vitacci, Arctiline, Karamelli, Kidmark, Malenkaya Ledi, Malenkiy Prints, M&D (Malchishki i Devchonki), PrecaRus, Storm Group, Fabrika Detstva, etc.
Newcomers: more than 50 companies including Arti Katamino, Barbaras, Blue Seven, Boboli, Dimma Fashion, Donella, Grishko, Gakkard, Kiwiland, Losan, Marhatter, Monna Rosa, PlayToday, Sabotage, Sterntaler, Wojcik, Wola, BTK Group, Grazyna, Eurasia, Infanta, etc.
CJF. Shoes: Analpa, Bartek, Garvalin, Melania Italia, Nazo, Orsetto, Pablosky, Panyno, Primigi, Ren But, Ricosta, Superfit, Vitacci, K-Tinni, Apples & Pears, Parizhskaya Komunna, etc.
1. The Territory of Russian Startups in the Children Fashion Industry introduced 26 companies including Aruna, Kvinto, Larmini, Littlebloom, Miacompany, Millefamille, Mimidress, Bimba Dolce, Chupinet, Yakimok, etc.
2. The CJF. Children’s Catwalk brought together leaders of the children fashion. It was organized by PROfashion Media Agency. The participants included Gakkard, Breeze Girls & Boys, Yunye Fantazeri, Arctiline, Reima, SweetBerry, ÒÌ Elegami (Parizhskaya Komunna), the Children’s Knitting Factory, Malenkaya Ledi, Stilnyashka, Basik Kids, Nikastyle, Fleur de Vie, Trinity Bride, Olmi, Mesami, and Farfello.
The organizers express gratitude to their partners: PROfashion Media Agency, TOP Secret Kids, Art Stylist International Education Centre, Aquamarine Production Company, and the general media partner – the PROfashion Magazine.
3. Trendsquire and Expocentre AO arranged the Territory of Design in Children’s Clothing and Footwear.
4. Trendsquire and Expocentre arranged trend tours of the latest fashion trends for Spring/Summer 2017 for buyers and designers. The topics of Autumn 2017 were
outdoor clothing, footwear and accessories for babies and schoolchildren,
casual, sports and special occasion clothing and footwear.
5. Business Assistance: Customs Processing and Clearance, Human Resources, Consulting Services, Brand Audit.
6. The traditional Expocentre for Counterfeit-Free Exhibition Project, was organized by Expocentre AO and aimed to minimize counterfeit products showcased at exhibitions via providing consultations and clarifications regarding intellectual property, and rendering assistance in solving conflicts connected with violations of exclusive rights.
Key Supporting Events
1. The most interesting events of the 17th edition of the Business Forum “CJF – Child Fashion 2017. Autumn” were
the Seminar on Commercial Trends in Children Clothing for Spring/Summer 2018,
the Seminar on Product Range of Children’s Shop: How to Create a Matrix, Plan Purchasing and Forecast Stock,
the Seminar on Sales in Children’s Shop: Pricing, Services, Trade Marketing,
the Round Table on Relevance of Integration of Reflective Elements in Design and Manufacture of Children’s Clothing,
the Master Class on How to Open an Efficiently-Run Children’s Shop.
2. The Round Table on Relevance of Integration of Reflective Elements in Design and Manufacture of Children Clothing was organized by Road Safety Russia and Expocentre AO with support of the Russian Ministry of Education and Science.
3. The Expo-Academy Project was organized by Expocentre AO, Òrendsquire, VM GURU, Arno Business School, High School of Branding. The events included
the Analytical Review of Trends and Consumer Preferences in the Industry of Children’s Goods, Clothing, Stationery and Creative Sets,
the Seminar on How to Create an Efficiently-Run Shop of Children’s Clothing and Goods. Commercial Rules of Space Management and Zoning. Global Trends in Designing Fashion Stores,
the Strategic Session on Dead on Target: Secret of Retail 2018. Developing the Best Product Range and Setting the Right Price,
the Session on Children’s Brand as a Mirror of Customer Values.
4. The 13th edition of the Russian Trade Forum for Children’s Goods Suppliers was organized by Imperia KVK and Expocentre AO with support of the Retail Companies Association (ACORT), the National Association of Retailers (NAST) and the Moscow International Business Association (MIBA). The forum brought together more than 300 people, 150 of whom were suppliers of goods for children and teenagers, 106 buyers of specialized retail, FMCG chains, online stores of goods for children and publishing houses, as well as experts and representatives of industry associations. The speakers included top managers of Dochki Sinochki, Mamsy, Ideas4Retail, NPD Group, Paper Planes, MIBA, CTC Media, etc.
5. The Purchasing Centre for Retail Chains™ of Children’s Goods ran for two days and welcomed more than 50 retail chains from all over Russia including such well known ones as O’Key, Sela, VotOnIa, Dochki Sinochki, Ideas4Retail (Imaginarium, Hamleys), Dixy Group, REIKE, Ozon.ru, Magnit, Mamsy, Familia, Olant, Yarkiy, etc. The centre hosted about 2,600 talks.
6. The first Russian Business Forum “The Market of Licensed Good for Children” brought together experts of this industry sector.
7. The Forum on Russia-China: New Opportunities for Sustainable Business Development was organized by Between2Countries and Expocentre AO. The topics included cooperation of Russia and China, entrance to a new sales market for Russian companies, search for the right manufacturer, common mistakes when working with a factory, reduction in logistics costs, delivery management tool “Control Points”, specifics of import management of children’s goods: customs clearance, certification, logistics, and others.
8. The Conference on Secrets of Increasing Online Sales of Children’s Goods, and a competition for the website among exhibitors were organized by the Yellow Banana creative agency. The competition winners were Rukuku.ru for the best website for consumers and Drofa-media.ru for the best website for buyers.
9. The Session on Businesswoman: Maternity Leave as Time for Startup was organized by Expocentre AO with support of the Expert Education Centre for Assistance for Prospective and Fulfilled Parents “Parents’ Choice”. Ekaterina Klimova, founder of Katrinka, talked about how to become a micro entrepreneur, problems and solutions of having a micro business during maternity leave.
10. The Award ceremony of the International Competition of Goods for Children and Teenagers wass organized by Soyuzexpertiza ANO of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Expocentre AO. The winners were Tchaikovsky Textile, Manuoki Global Japan, Smena, Aist, Sima-land, Bytplast, Organic Trade, Nasha Igrushka, Nuovita, Fabrika Uspekha, etc.
Ekaterina Makhotenko, CEO of Superstudio
“We are an exclusive distributor of the Italian company Jijil Jolie. It is our first time here. Our clients have to know that they can have not only clothes for adults but also clothes for children in their cities and towns. The target audience of CJF is exactly what we need. We are going to participate next season but with a bigger stand. We would like to have a custom made stand and accommodate foreign exhibitors.”
Export Director of Wojcik Fashion
“We’ve been on the Russian market almost 20 years. Our partners work not only in Moscow but in other cities. We are more and more interested in this show. Our plan is to open a store under our brand. The CJF management and quality of services are very good. We’ve had many interesting talks and are very satisfied with their results. We will definitely take part in CJF next year. We will have a bigger stand, use more mannequins and arrange a fashion show with kids modelling.”
Natalia Nikitina, CEO of Yunye Fantazeri
“We have already participated in the Children’s Catwalk several times. It gives us more promotion opportunities thanks to announcements at the show, publication of our logo and the fashion show itself. This season we have demonstrated new festive dresses in new colors including pink which we have never used before.”
The next 20th anniversary edition of CJF – Child and Junior Fashion will run from 19 through 22 February 2018 at Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow.
Press Service, Expocentre AO