Andersen®: Beauty and Powerful Business Potential
Elegant, beautiful, popular: exactly these words can be said about products manufactured by Russian designers in Rostov-on-Don under Andersen® brand. Andersen® accessories are hand-made and have all attributes of the brand. More than 200 shops are selling Andersen® products in Russia at present. We talked to Tatiana Mikhailova, OTM Head of Andersen Company, about the main factors of success.
– Today we are glad to offer our products in the market because we are sure in their powerful commercial potential. The retail sales statistics demonstrate that the accessories and merchandise associated with Andersen® do not just sell well but actually sell very well. They provide a stable growth in retail sales. And it is especially important now that a stable negative trend has become evident. The demand is decreasing. We have noticed a 15% decrease in demand for clothes. It means that it is necessary to level up this decrease of the main product range. This can be done with the help of accessories and merchandise associated with the main product range. Today people buy fewer goods for the season, so we have to make them spend more money in the retail outlet, so that the shop would not feel the decrease in the traffic and in the sales. The income of the customers has changed, and the demand has changed. So we have to look for additional ways to bring customers to the shop and to catch their attention.
– There are some strong product categories we can offer to increase sales: pantyhoses for example. A child needs not less than 10 pairs for the season, and the same quantity of socks. This same quantity is required every season! It is necessary to buy headwear for every overcoat. Every girl has hair which she needs to brush, clip and adorn daily. This can be done with our hair make up accessories. These accessories are required both for a party and for a daily use. It means they are in much demand. Every boy’s trousers need belts. Boys also need bow ties both for parties and for week days. Therefore, the accessories of Andersen® and Unge Larson® are great tools to increase sales in retail.
– I’d like to notice that our products look much more expensive than their prices are. The customers have a feeling that they are buying excellent things for the best price. The products are so beautiful that you’d want to take them into your hands and try to imagine what outfit they would match better. The prices are not intimidating: on the contrary they increase the desire to buy! We haven’t noticed any case when the price would have been considered inadequate. These are the products that bring joy. And it is very important. They bring a strong emotion of happiness, beauty and love. When a mother or her daughter are buying Andersen® accessories, they are having fun. They are willingly buying presents for themselves. And this makes them happy. The buying process of Andersen® accessories is emotionally tinged.
– The headwear is an important category of our products. Buyers choose headwear by Andersen® because our hats follow all fashion trends and tastes of our young buyers. The decorative elements are unique and exclusive. They are designed by our company’s designers and are handmade. The hats are made of “golden materials”: Italian yarn with angora, cashmere, a high percentage of wool. Fluffy pompoms are made of natural fur of Finnish raccoons. The inner of the items is made of the thinnest cotton which is pleasant for the touch and comfortable for children. Andersen® hats are made in Russia on modern equipment. The templates and technology are precise. This helps a fine fit, and the hats keep the form even if they are worn daily.
– Socks and pantyhoses of Unge Larson® are made on high class knitting machines. Therefore the socks and panty hoses keep form and ideally fit children’s feet and legs. At present, when the demand is decreasing, the manufacturers are simplifying their products but our brand keeps the initially declared high level of quality season after season.
– One more key factor of our success, in my opinion, is our ability to work with sales staff. We regularly hold seminars where we teach sales persons to make up fairy tales, creating the value for the customers, tell stories accompanying their sales of our accessories, hats and pantyhoses.
– Our plans for the near future are to widen our distribution network in Russia and its neighboring countries, and to work with retail chains. Therefore we will be happy to see all customers who will visit our stand. I can guarantee you will be pleased, and your company will undoubtedly have a business success!